It’s a small release number, but I expect Modul8 users will want to pay attention to this one. New in 2.5.5 are various fixes and improvements, most notably restoring Flash SWF support removed from QuickTime. I hope other VJ apps will be able to do the same.
Also in this update:
- Swatches, color picker for layer colorization
- Transformation knob for layer field of view
- Audio fading with layer opacity (neat idea!)
- Unlimited size for multi-output windows
- Media triggering by name
- Lots of other small fixes and features
Read on in the forum, and you can find the fix that allowed GarageCUBE to restore Flash support: "Modul8 is using the Flash plugin of Safari, so you could load any file that loads in Safari. " Now, that sounds to me like even Java/Processing support could happen via the same hack. Any takers?
Let us know how the update works for you, ye Modul8 users.