Doing live visuals and other projects means sometimes endless conversion and editing tasks, but many of the dedicated tools for the job are just too much. I’ve been playing around with Video Converter from Extensoft, which is about perfect I think in terms of what you most often need to do. It’s an ideal companion to a full-blown video editor like Premiere, and now it’s also been made free. Windows-only.
- Import AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4, MPG, QT, WMV, more
- Export to AVI, MP4, MPEG1 and MPEG2, QT, WMV, H.264
- Export directly to FLV with the Flash player ready to go
- Merge, split, scale, deinterlace, change frames per second
- Basic editing and selection timeline
- Batch conversion
- Predefined settings for YouTube, iPod, iPhone, etc.
- Save projects and presets
The combination of the slicing and dicing tools with batch conversion and deinterlacing to me is just brilliant, and replaces QuickTime Pro for me on some of these tasks.
I actually like the premium suite this is part of, so I may wind up buying the whole thing.
Any preferred tools you’ve got on Windows, Mac, or Linux?